Now that the economy has improved we are seeing our clients interested in buying buildings again. I recently heard about a woman who wanted to open a coffee shop so she went to the bank first to get a loan to buy the building. Just because a building is for sale on ...
Tag: commercial broker
November 21, 2016Lynn Drake
Not too long ago, a business coach called me about one of his clients who had a slightly unusual need for office space. His client had already hired an agent and was running into all kinds of challenges. Her coach told her to get rid of the agent and hire ...
April 4, 2016Lynn Drake
Recently, I got a call from a prospective tenant asking me for something I had never heard of before. After 30 years in the business, I thought I had heard it all! Together, we reviewed our process so she could identify what it was she needed. Turns out this client ...
February 15, 2016Lynn Drake
Janitorial is one of the items where we see a wide gap in what landlords provide. Some provide it and some don’t. Some will come in once a week and some will come in every day. I was working with a nonprofit and got them cleaning services with ...
November 19, 2014Lynn Drake
Across the country, we see different rates for electricity charged by owners, based on their various climates. An electrical rate in Troy, Michigan is going to be far different than one charged in Phoenix, Arizona. The point of this post is to make people aware that even in the same ...
November 5, 2014Lynn Drake
Are renewal options important? 95% of the ones I’ve seen set the renewal option at market rate, and the other 5% are set at a rate I would deem as “important.” How do you know? Well, you start by taking a look at a CoStar report to see what the ...
July 16, 2014Lynn Drake
As a brokerage firm, we have been disappointed with some of the attorneys reviewing our client’s leases. Why would this be? An attorney is an attorney, right? So you’d think. But you’d be wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Assuming all attorneys are alike is no different than asking your gynecologist to ...
July 1, 2014Lynn Drake
Having come out of corporate real estate, I knew all about the real estate end of things. My customers were always fellow staff at the corporation where I worked in the real estate department. Entering the other side of the business was a whole new ballgame for me. It meant ...
June 4, 2014Lynn Drake
Some of us speak Greek, Spanish, French or Mandarin, in addition to English. We think that if we can speak these other languages, surely we can speak real estate. But that’s where we’re wrong. See, not everyone can speak real estate. That’s why it’s important to work with a tenant ...
March 5, 2014Lynn Drake